Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birds of a feather...

In real life, I am terrified of birds. I know it sounds silly but I blame it on my college summers spent at the Jersey shore with the scores of birds perched on the boardwalk that do not move until you are right on top of them. Feathers, beaks, screams...whatever. I am pushing my fear aside for today's post :)

Many brides out there struggle with a "theme". Most of the time, they come to us without one. Is it necessary? No...but a clear concise visual idea for your day helps to pull all of your elements together, seamlessly.

Birds, as a theme, can be quite lovely. You can use imagery that is very organic or one that has an Asian feel. Kathryn at Snippet & Ink posted a lovely board which inspired me to create the newest addition to our pre-packaged invitation line, Gwen! I created this invite to have a slightly less Asian feel but rather a more organic, hand drawn feel, which makes it more suitable for a variety of brides!You can make something a theme without making it over the top. Instead of birds everywhere, imagine elements that you might see in a painting or photograph of a bird, branches, nests, eggs, feathers, blossoms...{Image credit: Etsy, starrydesigns}{Image credit: Cakepower.com}{Image credit: Etsy, lalalaurie}
By looking at sites, such as Etsy.com, you are sure to find many little trinkets and inspiration that are bird theme friendly. If you have questions, let me know! I love helping to pull together someone's ideas for their big day, so don't hesitate to contact me!

2 comments:

Key Tags said...

You're not the only one. Birds are nice to look at but i don't really want one getting near me.

custom gift cards said...

Very very cute, especially the blue 'eggs' in the 'nest'.